Monday, January 26, 2015

The Essence of Retreating...


After what seemed like a busier than usual Christmas season, we stopped.  Our family had a few days available to get away, refocus, and breathe.  I'm sure other occupations require the need for such escaping, but since I only know the life of ministry, I have grown to see such time away as vital to the growth and life of continuing in the calling God has given us.  (I am also blessed to have a husband who sees this need too!)


Our time was not filled with schedule, but instead with food, walking, rarely glancing at phones except to take a picture here and there (since I forgot my camera!)  Time was slow and sweet.  There is honestly no other people in this world who I would rather be with than my girls and best friend. Getting away from the housework, the school work, the emails, and phone calls was a breath of fresh air!  So very thankful and yet ready to continue in the work God has called us to.


"Be still and know that I am God;" - Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment